Remedies to Ease Out Burning Mouth Syndrome Treatment
Burning Mouth Syndrome or Glossodynia is the sensation of a hot feeling in your mouth, lips, tongue, upper palate and other areas of your mouth. The nerves around your mouth constantly send messages to your brain about different things like temperature, taste, touch and pain. When the brain cannot understand the messages that are sent, it reacts differently. This reaction causes the burning mouth syndrome.
The burning mouth syndrome can arise due to a variety of factors. Some of these include hormonal changes, depression, an imperfect immune system, damages to the nerves around the mouth, acid reflux, diabetes and improper nutrition. However, BMS causes cannot be stated properly as they arise from a variety of factors.
There is good news, there are natural ways as well as clinical ways to treat BMS. Burning Mouth Syndrome treatments
are depending on the causes. For example, a BMS arising from nutritional deficiency can be treated by adding nutrition to food. Similarly, BMS arising from depression can be solved by prescribing mild anti depressants to the patient from a doctor or a burning mouth syndrome pain clinic. Other treatments are as follows:
Primary BMS can be solved by a lozenge type drug commonly known as Klonopin. The feedback for this medicine have been great and people report relief from BMS after using Klonopin.
Secondary BMS can be treated by treating the underlying cause first. There are certain remedies to ease out burning mouth syndrome as well.
1. Changing your toothpaste: Although changing your toothpaste may not sound as much, it is necessary to eliminate all the possible reasons you are getting secondary BMS
. Check whether your toothpaste has sodium sulphate in it. It is always better to use a fluoride toothpaste. You can also use toothpastes that have activated charcoal particles in them.
2. Lavender Oil Mouth Wash: Lavender oil is considered one of the best medicinal oils available in the market today. It is a great treatment for BMS and even reduces inflammations inside the mouth. Buy lavender oil in its essential and concentrated form, take 1 teaspoon of the oil and take a carrier substance, preferably sugar water or plain water, and wash the insides of your mouth twice a day.
3. Honey: Not only is honey great for weight loss, its is good for treating BMS as well. Take a spoonful of honey. Using your fingers, apply honey all over the insides of your mouth, on the tongue, on the inside walls of the mouth, on the upper palate and also on the lips. Keep your mouth coated with honey for 60 seconds and then swallow it.
4. Alpha-Liopic Acid: Alpha-Liopic Acid is considered as a great medicine for burning mouth syndrome. People suffering from BMS should take 500-600 mg of APA everyday.
5. Nutrients: Since Secondary BMS also develops from a deficiency of Vitamins, it is recommended that a daily dose of all the essential nutrients be taken, in the form of a food pill or actual food. Change your diet to include more nutrients in it. Having meat, brown rice, lentils, curd, fruits and green vegetables is necessary for a full plate of nutrition.
View More About Burning Mouth Syndrome treatments: http://goo.gl/OHBtdT